Cheat's Chocolate Molten lava cake done in microwave in one minute. Easiest and moist chocolate lava cake ever! Poke chunks of your favourite milk chocolate in the prepared cake batter and cook in microwave mode for a minute in silicone moulds / ramekins. I used dairy milk as mentioned in the original recipe.
Yield : 2 Servings
- 2 Tablespoons All purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons granulated white sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Instant coffee powder
- a pinch of salt
- 3 Teaspoon melted butter
- 1/2 Cup Milk at room temperature
- 4 big chunks of dairy milk or any milk chocolate
Directions1. In a small mixing bowl add flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda , instant coffee powder and salt and mix
2. Make a well in the centre of the flour and pour in melted butter, vanilla extract, milk and whisk until there are no lumps and the batter is smooth. This batter is quite runny
3. I used silicone cupcake moulds to cook the cake in microwave. you can use any microwave safe bowl or ramekins. I did not grease silicone moulds. If you are using ramekins or microwave safe bowl, grease it well with butter
4. Now pour the prepared batter in the moulds
5. Now, here is the tricky step: take 2 small pieces of milk chocolate and gently push it in the center of the batter. The Goal is to completely immerse the chocolate inside the batter and also to make sure that the chocolate piece is not touching the bottom of the mould. If the chocolate is touching the bottom of the mould, then you will have chocolate oozing out from the top of the cake when you invert the cake on the serving platter.
6. My batter was enough to fill 3 silicone mini cupcake moulds. If you are using ramekins, pour the batter in 2 ramekins
7. Microwave at 800Watt power for One Minute. If you see raw batter on the top of the cake , it is fine. This cake continues to cook even after removing from the microwave
8. let the cake sit at room temperature for 3 minutes
9. Then invert it on a serving plate. Since I used silicone mould, the cake came off easily without any struggle. For ramekins, run a thin knife around the edges of the mould and then invert it on the plate. Hopefully you will be able to invert it without breaking the cake.
10. Dust it generously with powdered sugar and cut the cake in the center. Enjoy your hot milk chocolate lava oozing out from the center