An easy recipe for healthy muffins made with 100% whole wheat flour. No refined Sugar, No APF, No Butter, No Eggs. Naturally sweetened with Honey and Apple Sauce. With loads of grated carrots and Zucchini. Topped with crunchy walnut Streusel.
Enjoy Guilt free breakfast or satisfy your sweet cravings in a healthier way!
- 1 and 1/4 Cup Whole Wheat Flour / Atta
- 1 and 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Grated Carrot
- 1/2 Cup Grated Zucchini
- 1/3 Cup unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 1/3 Cup Organic Honey
- 1/4 Cup Plain Natural Yogurt
- 1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Ground flaxseed / flaxseed meal
- 1/4 Cup Melted Dark Chocolate
- 1/3 Cup of warm water
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla extract
For the Streusel ( Mix everything)
- 1/4 Cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 Cup Rolled Oats
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Dark Chocolate
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoon Organic Honey
Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F
1. In a large mixing bowl, mix whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and set aside
2. In a small bowl, add ground flax and pour 1/3 Cup warm water and mix well. Set aside for 10 minutes
3. In a separate large bowl, add apple sauce, honey, yogurt, oil, flax mixture, melted chocolate and using a thick wooden spoon mix everything
4. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients in 2 additions and mix well after each addition. Finally fold in grated carrot and zucchini.
5. Pour the prepared batter in the greased muffin trays up to 2/3 rd way full
6. Top the muffin batter with 1/2 Tablespoon of Streusel
7. Bake at 180C for 25 to 30 minutes until a tooth pick inserted through comes out clean
8. Cool the muffins in the tray for 5 minutes. Then transfer them to a wire rack and cool.