Chicken pakoras are amazingly crispy chicken fritters served as appetizer with mint yogurt dip. Boneless chicken cubes marinated in lemon juice, ginger and garlic and then coated with chickpea flour / gram flour and spices. Deep fried and served with green mint chutney or ketchup.
Crispy and crunchy on the outside. Super soft and juicy on the inside. Perfectly seasoned , mildly spiced and bursting with flavor. Best served as an appetizer / starter with mint dip or chutney.
- 250 Grams Chicken breast Cut into cubes
- 1 Teaspoon finely chopped ginger
- 1 Teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1/4 Teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon fresh lemon Juice
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 Cup Gram Flour / Chickpea Flour / Besan
- 2 Teaspoon Rice Flour
- 1 Egg or 2 Teaspoon of Corn flour ( I always add egg since it gives a nice crunchy texture to the pakoras)
- 1 Teaspoon Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Garam Masala
- 2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
- Oil for deep frying
1. In a mixing bowl, add chicken breast cubes. Add ginger, garlic, turmeric powder, salt and lemon juice. Toss to combine. Set aside for 30 minutes
2. Add chickpea flour to the chicken. Add rice flour, chopped cilantro leaves, red chilli powder, garam masala and one beaten egg. Using a spoon mix everything such that the flour coats chicken pieces on all sides
3. Season with salt
4. In a pan / wok heat oil for deep frying the pakoras
5. When the oil is hot, add 4 pakoras per batch and deep fry on medium flame until they are crispy and golden. Flip sides once
6. Once golden, remove from hot oil and drain on a paper towel.
7. Serve once with green mint chutney and ketchup