Wednesday 29 January 2014

Eggless Chocolate cake


It has been a week since I baked anything, because I don't have butter in my fridge. Today I had been to nearest Nilgiris store and bought 4 blocks of butter. You must be wondering what I am going to do with so much butter. This week I am trying various recipes for basic eggless vanilla and chocolate cakes. I am planning to bake 3 or 4 different eggless versions and will pick the best suited recipe for my home baking.

This recipe is from http://www.rakskitchen.net/ . This recipe does not have Eggs, Butter or condensed milk, just few readily available ingredients goes in. This is the first time I am trying eggless chocolate cake. This cake was moist and spongy. But when compared to the Cakes with eggs, I find this cake little densed.  Taste wise not so good, yeah that's what I feel. When I used sugar syrub and drizzled the cake with chocolate ganache, it tasted better.


Total Time: 50 min
Prep:  10 min
Cook : 40 min
 
Yield:  6 squares as shown in the above picture

Ingredients

  • 1 and 1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
  • 3 tablespoon Cocoa Powder
  • 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
  • 1 Cup Water
  • 1 Cup Sugar
  • 1/4 Cup Oil
  • 2 pinches of Salt
  • 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
  • 1 Teaspoon Vanilla extract

Directions

1. Pre heat Oven to 180 C. Grease a square pan and keept it ready
2. Mix AP Flour, cocoa powder, baking soda in a mixing bowl
3. In a separate bowl add 1 Cup water, Sugar and salt and stir until sugar gets dissolved completely. Now add 1 tablespoon lemon juice, Oil and vanilla extract to water and mix
4. Add flour mixture to the water one tablespoon at a time and mix everything thoroughly
5. Pour this batter to the prepared greased pan and bake at 180C for 35 to 40 min until toothpick inserted comes out clean
6. Let the cake remain in the pan for 10 min. After 10 min invert the cake on a cooling rack and let it cool
7. When the cake is cooled completely, cut in to desired shapes

No comments:

Post a Comment